Here are five tips to prepare your home for when it goes on the market.
Today I’m going to be talking about the top five things a seller can do to get their home ready for the market. You want it to be a good experience for the buyer from looking at the pictures online to walking through the home in person. These tips will help you do just that:
1. Declutter your home. You’ve probably heard that this is a good idea, and it is for a few reasons. You want the online pictures to be as appealing as possible, and a lot of personal items sitting around detract from those pictures.
2. Paint your home. Interior painting can be expensive, but it is well worth it. Not only will your home feel fresh and updated, but a neutral color throughout the home can, again, help make those online pictures look good.
3. Update the lighting. This is often overlooked; the right lighting can bring a great ambiance to your home. It’s not that expensive, and even just updating parts of the home, like the dining room light, can make a difference.
4. Stage the home. For this, you can use your own furniture and just move it around, or hire a professional who will bring their furniture and art to help stage it.
5. Clean your home professionally. You could do this yourself, but sometimes it’s easier to hire a professional. We want people to have a great experience in your home and not be distracted by stains or weird smells.
I’d be happy to talk to you more about these tips, so if you have any questions, give me a call. Also, if you have any other real estate topics you’d like me to cover in a future blog, please let me know. I look forward to hearing from you.